Commercial Gas Safety Certificates

for business owners and landlords in London and the Home Counties

Get Your Legally Required Gas Safety Certificate from PHS

Commercial Gas Safety Certificates in London & Surrounding Counties

If you own a business and have gas appliances, you are legally required to hold a valid Commercial Gas Safety Certificate – to not have one risks the safety of staff and customers, plus means you’ll be breaking the law.

We specialise in issuing Commercial Gas Safety Certificates to businesses throughout London and SE England. Our trained and registered engineers can attend your premises at a time that suits you, and then carry out a thorough check, before issuing the Commercial Gas Safety Certificate your business is legally required to possess.

But what if we find a problem? If so, we’ll provide all the guidance you need to resolve the issue, plus our engineers are also capable of carrying out any repairs required.

To find out more about getting your Commercial Gas Safety Certificate, please don’t hesitate to call or email today.

If you have gas appliances in your business, you need a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate regardless of your business type and size. We work with a huge range of business types in London and SE England to provide Commercial Gas Safety Certificates, as well as other gas-related services.

Some business types we regularly work with include:

  • Restaurants
  • Pubs and bars
  • Nightclubs
  • Factories
  • Shops
  • Offices
  • Schools, Colleges, Universities etc

Of course, the above is by no means an exhaustive list – as already stated, any business using gas requires a certificate of this type. If you’re unsure whether you require a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate, call us today for some free, no-obligation advice.

Providing Commercial Gas Safety Certificates to Businesses of All Types

Commercial Gas Appliances We Check

Quite simply, if you’re a business and have any gas appliance on your premises, you require a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate. Typical gas appliances found at commercial premises include:

  • Boilers
  • Ovens
  • Hobs
  • Grills
  • Gas fires etc

In addition to the above, we will also inspect any connected pieces of equipment, such as flues and chimneys, to ensure they are also safe. We’ll provide information on everything we’ve inspected on your Commercial Gas Safety Certificate.

There are several benefits to having a valid Commercial Gas Safety Certificate, making it clear that ignoring your requirements to hold this certificate is not worthwhile.

Legal Compliance

You must hold a valid Commercial Gas Safety Certificate if there are gas appliances on your premises. Fail to comply and you’ll be breaking the law, making you liable for a fine and even the closure of your business.

Employee & Customer Safety

Gas can be dangerous if certain precautions are not taken. Getting a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate means that your gas appliances have been checked thoroughly, contributing towards the safety of both your staff and customers.

Increased Lifespan

An inspection of your gas appliances will reveal any flaws or problems, which can then often be resolved before major repairs are required. This will save you money in the long term, preventing expensive repairs and installations.

Benefits of Having a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate

Commercial Gas Safety Certificates FAQs

A Commercial Gas Safety Certificate, also known as a Gas Safety Record form (and in the trade as a CP12), is legally required in the UK for commercial businesses under the Commercial Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 2018. (Amendments for the regulations came into law on 6 April 2018.) If you install, service, repair, or maintain gas appliances or gas fittings, you fall under these regulations, and that includes Landlords.

A registered gas engineer issues the certificate to ensure that equipment that produces gas in a commercial enterprise is safe, and a gas safety engineer must renew every 12 months. Engineers will check equipment for gas leaks, check the boiler, a flue gas analysis, and more.

There are a variety of Commercial Gas Safety Certificates. They include Commercial Boiler Gas Safety Certificate (CP15), Commercial Gas Installation Testing and Purging (CP16), Commercial Gas Installation Safety Report (Non-domestic) (CP17), and Commercial Catering Gas Safety Certificate (CP42).

Getting a Gas Safety Certificate for your commercial property is a simple process. All you need to do is get in touch with us.

Once your details and payment have been submitted, a gas safe registered engineer will contact you directly in order to schedule an appointment.

The engineers will assess all your gas appliances, connections, and flues to make sure everything is in compliance with the law.

All our engineers are Gas Safe Registered and can legally provide you with the required certification for your commercial property.

A Commercial Gas Safety Certificate price depends on the size and scope of the job. We recommend having all gas appliances checked at the same time as your annual maintenance, in order to make the process more affordable. Please contact us today if you’d like a free, no-obligation quote.

A Commercial Gas Safety Certificate is a legal requirement for businesses with gas appliances, and failure to possess a valid certificate can lead to prosecution, as well as the closure of your business. More importantly, failure to properly inspect gas appliances can be exceptionally dangerous, putting staff and customers at risk.
A Commercial Gas Safety Certificate contains several pieces of information, including the name of the property owner, the name and registration number of the engineer, and the date the inspection was carried out. It will also show when the next inspection is due, which appliances were checked, the results of the tests, and whether any repairs were required.

There are multiple types of Commercial Gas Safety Certificates, and PHS Engineers Ltd are registered to provide all of them.

The types of commercial Gas Safety Certificates are:

  • Commercial Boiler Gas Safety Certificate (CP15)
  • Commercial Gas Installation Testing and Purging (CP16)
  • Commercial Gas Installation Safety Report (Non-domestic) (CP17)
  • Commercial Catering Gas Safety Certificate (CP42)

The Gas Safe Registration is a legal requirement for all gas companies, and only technicians who have a valid and current accreditation can undertake gas services on the side of certified businesses.

The Gas Safe Register inspects approximately 40,000 technicians and their work annually to ensure that the appropriate standards and procedures are followed.

In addition, gas safety regulations demand that gas systems be properly installed and managed. They apply to liquefied petroleum gas and fossil fuel gas covering all gas appliances, fittings, and ducts in industrial, public, and leased properties.

Every Commercial Gas Safety Certificate is valid for exactly one year after its day of issue. There is no grace period offered, so you must get a new certificate before your existing one runs out. We’d recommend contacting us 11 months after your previous inspection.

Yes, PHS Engineers Limited is Gas Safe Registered (Registration number: 507113) and our engineers are qualified to work both on commercial and domestic projects. For further details please see here.

This can happen, especially with older properties.

The next step is to immediately rectify the situation if the gas problem is not corrected at the time of the safety check. Furthermore, no matter how long it takes to fix the problem, you should not use the gas appliance or machine under question until the issue is completely fixed.

If, under your lease, the landlord retains responsibility for gas appliances, a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate must be given to the tenant on entry and within 28 days of an annual check. A copy must also be retained by the landlord for 2 years.

By law, landlords must have all gas appliances serviced regularly, normally once a year by a Gas Safe registered engineer. The Gas Safe registered engineer will provide a Gas Safety record upon completion of the check.

If you use a managing agent make sure the contract makes it clear who is responsible for managing gas safety checks.

Contact PHS for Your Gas Safety Certificate Today

Are you a business owner in London or surrounding counties? And do you have any gas appliances on your property? If so, you are legally required to have a Commercial Gas Safety Certificate, which our registered engineers are qualified to provide.

To book an inspection, or to simply find out more about Commercial Gas Safety Certificates, please call us today on 0208 252 8927 or email us via our contact form.


London, Essex, Kent, Suffolk, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Surrey & Sussex.

Do you need a commercial gas certificate?