Did you know that every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it, or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
Here at PHS, we take the dangerous carbon monoxide fumes extremely seriously. Our gas safety heating engineers carry out thorough safety checks.
If you would like a carbon monoxide alarm installed in your home or place of work or commercial catering kitchen book a engineer & we will take care of your requirements.
Carbon monoxide alarms are also good to take on your holidays or anywhere you & your family are at risk.
We do gas safety checks in all areas in London.
Stay safe & book your boiler or catering engineer today.
Top Tips to Stay Safe
Six simple steps to help keep you safe and warm in your home…
- 1. Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service your appliances. Property Heating Solutions can have a Gas Safe registered engineer out to you in no time.
- 2. Check both sides of your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
- 3. Have all your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year. If you rent your home ask for a copy of the landlord’s current Gas Safety Record.
- 4. Know the six signs of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness. Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of CO poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions.
- 5. Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- 6. Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.